Rigging Zone - What does a reline include?
Do your lines seem worn out? Your canopy does not perform like it did when you first flew it? Are your openings weird, regardless of where your canopy was packed and the technique used to do it? Flaring is no longer effective? It might be time to do a reline (changing all the lines on your canopy for new ones).
A reline includes:
- A set of lines (we purchase them directly from the manufacturer to ensure quality and compliance).
- A material quality inspection to assess whether a reline is advisable (if your canopy is simply too old and worn out, a complete reline may not be worth the cost!).
- Installation of new lines according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- A reassembly of the lines on your risers.
- Adjustments after the reline if you notice after a few jumps that the control lines are not the right length for you!
Note that a complete reline can take up to four hours.